Register and Purchase
To register for JobWerks you must first purchase a license per candidate at our store. Complete a separate registration form for each mentor and candidate. You will receive an email with download and login instructions with 24 hours on business day. If you have any questions or would like to inquire about JobWerks, contact us.
Note: If Candidates do not have emails, an alternative to individual email addresses could be to set up a common work email address (for example, email@example.com) that could be used to receive certificates and other JobWerks communications.
Install for free (FileMaker GO 14 is not currently supported), or FileMaker Pro on your mac or PC. Try FileMaker Pro free 30 day free trial HERE. Purchase an annual license HERE or individual license HERE. Use the documentation from FileMaker GO or FileMaker Pro to complete the installation process.
Be sure you have a reliable internet connection. Any mobile charges may apply. If multiple users will be access JobWerks from the same device, each individual user will need to download a separate JobWerks file.
- Tap on the download link. Safari will open and JobWerks will begin to download.
- Leave the iPad browser open during this process. It may seem as if nothing is happening since there is no progress bar shown but the app is actually being downloaded in the background. This should only take a few minutes.
- When the download is complete, tap on 'Open in “FileMaker….” in your browser.
Mac or PC
- Click on the download link to begin the JobWerks download.
- Leave your web browser open during this process. You should see the download progressing in your downloads status menu. This should only take a few minutes.
- When the download is complete, save the file to a safe, memorable location on your computer. (Windows users, do not click run at this point).
- Open the downloaded file in FileMaker Pro.
Logging in for the First Time.
- Enter your username and password included in the registration email to login.
- JobWerks automatically syncs when a user logs in if the device is connected to the internet. You can also tap 'sync' from the Dashboard any time to send and receive the most recent changes.
- You will be prompted to name the machine that you are using for the first sync. Name the device with the company name, user name and the type of device you are using to access JobWerks. For example: Acme Rating Co John Doe iPad. If multiple users will be access JobWerks from the same computer, each individual user will need to download a separate JobWerks file.
- The first time you open JobWerks, the app will sync all of the data which should take about 5 minutes, depending on your connection speed. After the first session, sync time should be less than 1 minute.
- You may need to login again if prompted.
- If you see the a prompt that says, “Stop the execution of current script?” tap ‘No’.
- If the sync is disrupted with a message that the sync failed or aborted or that the server is not responding, don’t be concerned. Simply reopen the JobWerks file. You will be prompted to log in again and asked if you want to sync again. Tap on ‘sync now’.
You may want to connect the power cord to your iPad while this sync is occurring to conserve battery life. Keep the iPad’s screen from sleeping during this sync process by tapping on a blank part of the screen. Alternatively, you can change the Auto-Lock settings on your iPad. Go to Settings/General/Auto-Lock, make note of the current setting and choose ‘Never’. After the initial sync, don’t forget to return to your iPad’s Auto-Lock settings and change back to your original Auto-Lock time. If the iPad does happen to sleep during a sync, wake it back up so the sync can resume. If the sync doesn’t seem to finish for any reason, close the file by tapping the settings button in the top left of the FileMaker GO screen and select ‘Close Window’. Tap on ‘Device’ on the left to show the list of FileMaker files on your iPad and select JobWerks from the list. Repeat steps 6-8.
Mac or PC
If you are using a laptop, you may want to connect the power cord while this sync is occurring to conserve battery life.
Time to get to work!
- After logging in, you will land on the Dashboard. On the Dashboard you will find a list of all candidates registered to you.
- Upload or capture a personal photo to use as your Mentor photo so users may recognize you (for guidance on adding photos click here).
- Verify contact email on dashboard.
- Tap on a candidate to go to the Clipboard and record observations.
- Review 'Mentor Guidelines' and 'Photodocumentation Guidelines' on the Clipboard.
- After logging in, you will land on the Dashboard. On the Dashboard you will find a list of tasks to be learned and performed in order to complete the requirements for your certificate.
- Tap on a task in the list on the dash to go to Learn where you can review protocols.